The Federal Medical Centre, Keffi, Nasarawa State has issued a two weeks ultimatum to relatives of nine unclaimed corpses in its morgue to claim them or they would be given mass burial.
This was contained in a statement issued by Esther Bature, the Public Relations Officer of the hospital, on Friday.
According to her, the decision by the management of the medical centre to issue the deadline was due to the fact that some of the corpses were brought in 2021 and others in 2022, thereby exceeding the time limit of six months permitted by law.
- Why Nigerian universities can’t be autonomous —UniCal VC
- States, LGs lack infrastructure to manage Ecological Fund, shun queries – Perm Sec
- Ogun: Slain Director of Finance buried, Governor declares one-week mourning period
- My wife bullies me, divorce seeking man tells court
- Julia Roberts speaks on role in new movie
“Consequently members of the public who lost their loved ones during the stated period indicated herein, may please, visit the hospital’s morgue for possible identification and claim,” Bature said.
She said that at the expiration of the two weeks deadline, effective from September 22, 2023, the hospital would be left with no option than to give the nine corpses a mass burial.