Fire outbreak at Women Center

The Controller of the FCT Fire Service, Julius Opetunsi, and the spokesman of the Federal Fire Service, Collins Elechi, confirmed the incident

Fire broke out on Sunday at the National Centre for Women Development adjacent to the Central Bank of Nigeria in the Central Business District of Abuja.
The General Manager (Facilities) of the centre, Alhaji Idris Madob, told our correspondent that the inferno started at the generator house at 5.55pm, adding that no casualty was recorded.
Madob further told our correspondent that the generator house was completely razed by the fire, sparked by a power surge in the electrical panel.
It took the intervention of fire fighters who got to the scene five minutes after the incident started to contain the inferno.
The Controller of the FCT Fire Service, Julius Opetunsi, and the spokesman of the Federal Fire Service, Collins Elechi, confirmed the incident, but could not immediately give an assessment of the damage.
NAN.

Comments