Neymar has reportedly fled Paris to return to his Brazil homeland amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
The PSG forward is said to have flown back earlier this week to “exile himself” into isolation.
According to a report from ESPN, PSG confirmed Neymar and teammate Thiago Silva had both made the trip back to South America.
France went into lockdown on Tuesday, but gave residents 48 hours notice, leaving ample time for the duo to plan their trips home.
PSG gave permission for all players to leave Paris should they wish, though many opted to remain in the city.
All squad members have been given a training plan to adhere to whilst in isolation.
The France Football Federation are yet to decide when fixtures will re-continue.
Neymar posted on Instagram: “The virus doesn’t move around, people do.”
Silva’s wife Isabella also posted on the social media site and said: “The virus is everywhere.
“My husband is waiting on a notice to start working again.
“We are sad about all this right now but we believe that all this will pass soon.”
In England, Premier League officials are due to meet on Thursday to discuss a plan to finish the season.
UEFA moved the European Championships tournament back to 2021 to make room for fixtures in the domestic calendar to be completed.
It is expected that matches will resume as soon as it is safe to do so, though at least some of those may be played behind closed doors.
A key factor is the length of player contracts, with many expiring on June 30.
Neymar’s future remains a constant topic of speculation, with the 28-year-old continually linked with a return to former club Barcelona.
PSG is reportedly willing to let the star move on this summer, but only if their £136million asking price is met.