The Mauritius Football Association has notified the Confederation of African Football of the withdrawal of the country’s U20 Women National Team from the ongoing African qualifying series for next year’s FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup finals.
“Kindly note that CAF was informed of the withdrawal of Mauritius FA from the African qualifiers of FIFA U20 WWC 2024. Consequently, Nigeria is qualified to the next round of the competition and the missions of all officials of matches 37 & 38 are cancelled,” read a communication from CAF to the Nigeria Football Federation.
- How OAU student was killed in Ogun, his head, wrists sold for N100,000
- Police arrest five suspected armed robbers in Ogun
- Kaduna Attack: Shiites, Izala, other, seek compensation for victims
- N123bn Power Intervention: TCN completes 80% projects in Lagos
- Master plan distortion: Lagos Labour Party seeks sanction for officials issuing fake papers to residents
The Falconets were to fly to Mauritius next week for the first leg in Saint Pierre against the Mauritius U20 girls, with the return leg scheduled for the MKO Abiola National Stadium, Abuja on Saturday, 14th October.
With this situation, 2022 World Cup quarter-finalists Nigeria now progress to the next round of the qualification series.