A middle-aged woman, who claimed to be the mother to one of the victims of the collapsed 21-storey building located on Gerard Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, said she has lost two children ina space of two months.
The woman wept profusely, begging that her son should be brought out of the collapsed building dead or alive.
She said barely three months ago, one of her sons, whom she identified as Bolu, passed on and now, Sesan, another son of hers, has been involved in the incident that has left more than 21 people dead already (as at then).
She said: “I never knew what happened at the site is this massive until I got here.
“My son usually comes home every Sunday.
“He was involved in this unfortunate incident the day he arrived at work.
“I am begging the government and the people involved to help me bring my son out either death or alive, so that I can know my fate.”
Also, another father of the collapsed building victim, who identified himself as Idowu Adeyiga, said the owner of the building is a brother to him and several others in their home town in Ikene, Ogun State.
He described Femi Osibona, the developer of the ill-fated building, as a great philanthropist who was well loved by all.
He said: “My son, Hammed Adeyiga, whom many know as Emmanuel, has been acting as a Personal Assistant to Osibona whenever he is in the country and he was with him on the day of the incident.
“It was a big loss to us in Ikenne.
“We have lost two brothers in the same family in a day.
“We are grieving presently in our home town.
“It was a terrible loss to us.”
Earlier, two other family members also informed Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, while addressing journalists, that they are yet to know the fate of their family members.
One Jude Obochukwu said: “My brother was still in there.
“All we want is closure to this case, but they have refuse to allow us to get close to the site.
“We are in serious pain.
“All we need is early closure.”
Also, Abel Godwin said he came from Abuja early morning on Wednesday to look for his son who was among the workers in the collapsed building.
He described the incident as an unfortunate one.
Godwin said: “My son is one of the victims.
“He is 18 years.
“I got here since I heard the news.
“I have not been able to ascertain whether my son is alive.
“I have been to General Hospital and I still was not given access.”
A relative of one of the victims, who identified himself as John, said his cousin, Samuel Welu, came from London and perished in the building when he came to inspect it.
John said: “It was unfortunate.
“We don’t know his whereabout since then.
“After they checked the building and decided which apartment to take, he was coming out from the compound when the developer called him back with some other people.
“Immediately he entered the building, came down and since then we have been looking for him.
“They made payment from London after applying online for the house.
“We have been at the scene since Monday waiting to hear good news.
“We are presently saddened.”