The Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister, John Baird, has condemned the attack on Muslim worshippers in Dogon Dawa in Kaduna State.
The attack, according to information by the police, left 24 persons dead.
The police, however, said the attack was a reprisal by an armed robbery group that was dislodged from the twon.
Baird, in a statement on Sunday on behalf of the Canadian Government, commiserated with the families of those killed during the attack and wished those injured speedy recovery.
Canada said it was committed to working with the Nigerian Government to address the security challenges in Nigeria.
Baird said: “I’m troubled and shocked by reports of today’s deadly attacks on Muslim worshippers in the Nigerian village of Dogo Dawa. Canada strongly condemns these heinous acts.
“On behalf of all Canadians, I offer my sincere condolences to the families and friends of those killed, and wish a speedy recovery to the injured.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Nigeria at this time. As I told Minister Olugbenga Ashiru during my visit earlier this week, Canada is committed to working with the government in Abuja to address security challenges in Nigeria.”
African Press Organisation.