President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of 28 Judicial Officers for the Court of Appeal, Federal High Court and the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory.
The approval was based on the recommendation of the National Judicial Council.
While 12 are for the Court of Appeal, nine will operate from the Federal High Court and seven for the FHT High Court.
The 12 Justices approved for the Court of Appeal are
1. Hon. (Mr) Justice P. A. Mahmud
2. Hon. (Mr) Justice F. O. Ojo
3. Hon. (Mr) Justice I. A. Andenyangsto
4. Hon. (Mr) Justice G. O. Kolawole
5. Hon. (Mr) Justice B. B. Aliyu
6. Hon. (Mr) Justice Ebiowei Tobi
7. Hon. (Mr) Justice J. G. Abundaga
8. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. S. Umar
9. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. M. Talba
10. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. M. Bayero
11. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. M. Lamido
12. Hon. (Mr) Justice M. B. Idris
The following are the nine Judges approved for the Federal High Court
1. Sunday Bassey Onu
2. Mrs. Adefunmilola Adekemi Demi-Ajayi
3. Hon. (Mr) Justice Peter O. Lifu
4. Obiora Atuegwu Egwuata
5. Sa’adatu Ibrahim Mark (Mrs)
6. Mobolaji Olubukola Olajuwon
7. Aminu Bappa Aliyu
8. Tijjani Garba Ringim
9. Nkeonye Evelyn Maha
The seven approved for the FCT High Court are
1. Binta Mohammed
2. Modupe Osho-Adebiyi
3. Gaba Venchak Simon
4. Babangida Hassan
5. Akobi Iyabeni Anna
6. Samirah Umar Bature
7. Asmau Akanbi Yusuf
The Justices of the Court of Appeal will be sworn-in by the Chief Justice of Nigeria and Chairman, National Judicial Council, Justice W. S. N. Onnoghen, on June 22, 2018 by 10am.
Those appointed for the Federal High Court will be sworn-in on June 25, 2018 at 2pm, and Judges appointed for the High Court of the FCT are to be sworn-in on June 26, 2018 by 2pm at the Main Hall of the Court Room of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.