The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party for the 2019 election, Atiku Abubakar, has challenged the Federal Government to show evidence that he benefitted from the N156 million slush fund that allegedly led to the collapse of the defunct Bank PHB.
Abubakar’s position was contained in a statement on Friday by his Special Assistant on Public Communication, Phrank Shaibu.
The statement said: “It is disgusting to continue to spin allegations of corruption against me by people who have failed to come forward with a single shred of evidence of my misconduct while in office.
“They just suddenly woke up to the reality that, their lies about Atiku being corrupt can no longer hold? I challenge the federal government to come up with evidence that I benefitted from N156 million slush funds through Claremont Management Services Account on 13th January, 2009 as well as the collapse of Bank PHB as they have alleged.
“It is instructive to note that the same Bank PHB is now Keystone Bank, which was said to have been acquired by Buhari’s cronies through AMCON last year.”