Jehovah’s Witness labeled extremist group

Jehovah-Witness.jpg

The Jehovah’s Witness has been classified an extremist organization.
This is the position of Russia, where its Justice Ministry has filed a request with the nation’s Supreme Court for the classification, potentially endangering the 175,000 members in the country.
Jehovah’s Witnesses, with history of over 140 years worldwide, first filed to be a recognised religion, a requirement in Russia, in 1991.
They were granted renewal in 1999, according to the group’s international website.
Despite the official recognition, Jehovah’s Witness groups have faced periodic harassment by law enforcement at the local level.
The Justice filing was released Thursday but is not dated and has not been scheduled for legal action, USA Today reported.
It was confirmed by RAPSI, the Russian Legal Information Agency.
Russian officials raided the group’s national headquarters in February and confiscated a reported 70,000 documents that were turned over to the Russian General Prosecutor’s office.
Local prosecutors have likened the religion to a cult and have called it a danger to Russian families.
It is not the first time Jehovah’s Witnesses have faced legal hurdles.
In 2009, a court ruled a Russian-language version of the group’s publication, The Watchtower, an extremist publication and barred it.
In 2015, a Russian court ruled the group’s website was also an extremist publication.
The international head of the Jehovah’s Witnesses estimated there are about 175,000 practicing members in Russia in some 2,200 congregations.
The press office for the Russian branch of the religion released a statement Thursday in response to the filing, saying it would represent “dire consequences” for religious freedom in Russia if approved.
“Extremism is deeply alien to the Bible-based beliefs and morality of Jehovah’s Witnesses,” the statement said.
“Persecution of the faithful for peaceful anti-extremism legislation is built on frank fraud, incompetent individual ‘experts’ and, as a result, a miscarriage of justice.”
Jehovah Witnesses emerged from the Bible Student movement, founded in the late 1870s by Charles Taze Russell with the formation of Zion’s Watch Tower Tract Society, with significant organisational and doctrinal changes under the leadership of Joseph Franklin Rutherford.
The name Jehovah’s witnesses was adopted in 1931 to distinguish themselves from other Bible Student groups and symbolise a break with the legacy of Russell’s traditions.
Jehovah’s Witnesses are best known for their door-to-door preaching, distributing literature such as The Watchtower and Awake!, and refusing military service and blood transfusions.
Adherents of the group, now over 8.5 million worldwide, believe that Jehovah is the only true God, the creator of all things, and the “Universal Sovereign”.
They believe that all worship should be directed toward Him and that He is not part of a Trinity.
Consequently, the religion places more emphasis on God than on Christ.
They believe that the holy spirit is God’s applied power or “active force”, rather than a person.
NAN.

14 comments

• James Taggart

March 17, 2017 at 5:58 pm

Fake news!!!!!!!!!!
    Jehovah’s Witness labeled extremist group.
    They have applied for this. They have not yet labeled them extremists.
    140 years of fake news at The Eagle.

• Alfred Marquez

March 18, 2017 at 2:48 pm

James… When the Jehovah’s Witnesses spread the news that Armageddon would arrive in October 1914, was that “Fake News” at that time? What about when they said Armageddon would arrive in April 1918? Was it “Fake News” then? What about when they moved the date to 1925, 1975 and (before) the year 2000? Was it “Fake News” those three times? What about when the changed the definition of the “Generation That Shall Not Pass” in 2010 to mean TWO Generations that overlap? Was that “Fake”? If anyone has had 140 years of “Fake News” it’s the Jehovah’s Witnesses (aka Watchtower Real Estate Development and Fear-Mongering International Corporation).

• James Taggart

March 18, 2017 at 9:09 pm

So by your thinking then one fake news story over 100 years ago makes this fake news story ok. OK.

James

• Alfred Marquez

March 19, 2017 at 12:29 am

That’s OK… You can do what you cowardly JWs do… Call this comment “spam” also, but we both know you’ve been thoroughly defeated.

• James Taggart

March 20, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Yes. You say it so it must all be true. I don’t worship Amy man or religious organization. I worship Jehovah God. Many humans do things, say things etc that they shouldn’t.

The bible states that there will be ravenous wolves who enter the congregations to do it harm. That could be anyone from the top down. Get over it.

If there were not all these problems that people talk about id be worried although much of what you people say is hogwash that was said before most of people alive nows lifetimes.

Jehovah’s witnesses are not prophets and don’t claim to be. Many had ideas in the long ago, but they just wrote and talked about opinions, and too many put too much weight into what was sp

• Alfred Marquez

March 20, 2017 at 11:48 pm

Yes… That’s right. I say it, so it must be true. But I back up everything with rock-solid proof not with senseless innuendo (as you do). For example, you claim that your loyalty is to Jehovah only (as if you need not show any allegiance to any men).

However, per the litter-a-trash published by the Gibbering Buddies, Jehovah expects you to submit to the instructions of the Gibbering Buddies.

“Counsel and instructions were also provided by means of inspired letters written by men who were members of or closely associated with the first-century governing body. (1 Tim. 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9) How did the congregations benefit from following the direction of the governing body?” – Watchtower (Study Edition) November 2016 page 11 paragraph 9.

WT 15 Nov 2013 – “At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.” – Watchtower November 15, 2013 page 20 paragraph 17.

So I strongly suggest you obey the 7 clowns in New York who have self-proclaimed themselves to be your rulers. Otherwise, your local elders may take you to the back room (you know, where JW parents smack around their crying children during meetings) and they may knock you upside your head with a Watchtower volume until you run out crying like the pathetic little dweeb that you are.

• James Taggart

March 21, 2017 at 12:22 am

Cut and paste away.

• Alfred Marquez

March 21, 2017 at 9:33 am

Actually, I looked up those 2 Watchtower rag references and said to myself: “I should manually type every single word. I don’t feel like cut/pasting and saving time today”. So that’s what I did. Typed in every single word. Either way, you’ve been thoroughly defeated like the brainwashed drone that you are.

• James Taggart

March 21, 2017 at 10:57 pm

Lol

• Alfred Marquez

March 22, 2017 at 9:41 am

Glad you thought it was funny. I was starting to feel bad about picking on a mentally challenged person (and by that I mean you). But I’d stop posting on these sites if I were you… The Gibbering Buddies (led by Tony Tight Pants, aka Tony the Turd) have people monitoring these sites in search of spiritually weak brothers like yourself who continuously disobey their loving instructions inspired by Jay Hoover (instead of spending more time underling their simplified Watchtower rags). By the way, how many hours are you reporting this month? You still have 9 days to catch up. Just saying.

• James Taggart

March 23, 2017 at 1:31 am

Anyone can monitor anything I say. As a computer network technician, (yes, you know, a diploma, along with like almost everyone I know, we all have a college degree, you know, the thing you guys always like to say JWs aren’t allowed to have, you know, an education.), I understand the permanent trail I leave behind, but, you know what? I’m actually allowed to have an opinion.
            I know. It goes against all you guys like to write about but it is true. I have an opinion.

I follow the council and guidance in the bible. The elders help me keep in line with these principles and I am always glad for their help and follow it in most instances as they are usually right when it comes to bible principals but, I still have a right to do anything I like that does not go against bible principle.

Yes. I know. You don’t like to follow bible principle. That is fine with me.
            You see. I don’t try and convert anyone, and neither do any other witnesses.
            We are not like other religions who say things like, we must convert you or kill you or, if you don’t listen to me you will burn in hell forever. What kind if loving God would do something like that. Not Jehovah.

No. We just tell all who wish to listen about what Jehovah has to say and leave it up to you to do what you think is best for you

If you ask for help, we will do as the bible says and freely help you to the best we can even at our own expense. There are no tax receipts for our time, gas, car repairs etc. This actually costs us out of our own pockets and costs us time out of our own day. We do it because we care. If you don’t want to listen, all you have to do is say you don’t want us to come back and you know what? We won’t come back. If you say you are not interested in what we are saying, someone else may drop by at a later date but if you say; and you know, you can be very polite too, please don’t come back, they will write it down and cross you off the list. You made up your mind. Easy. We won’t visit again.

As for talking with you here, it might not be the wisest thing to do but I am still allowed to do it. There is no law saying I can’t. We just know it is a waste of time so why put ourselves through the problems like talking to you. You will notice how in every one of these conversations you guys always have the last say? It’s not because you are right or we can’t compete with your arguments. It is because you have an agenda. You will never change your minds. We are wasting valuable time. With you guys its like Chruchhill said, we will never surrender. You will always reply. You will never change your minds. So why should we bother wasting valuable time in a never ending thread. Take it as a win for yourself if you like as I will not be replying further as I will say everything here and won’t need to make things clearer. Me, I’m not looking to win or lose. My goal is to help all those reading this that have an open mind and don’t know what you say are lies. You talk about ones thought about things said 100 years ago and stick to it no matter what. OK. Some things may be only 50 years old but with most things you try and take things out of context. You try and enlarge what is small. Your only obgective is hate.

You guys spout many lies and many take you at your word, well you are just giving them the wrong idea and they are just being lied to in a very hypocritical way. That’s ok too. If they want to believe you guys and all you say, we will try and show them how wrong you are but we are just here to tell everyone what God says and that is what the bible says we must do and because we care more then just about ourselves we do just that.

Have things changed over the years. Yes. What has not changed. You?

Well let’s look at other religions.

Some allow woman as priests. Some allow those who do not live by bible principals. I guess you should also attack then as they changed what they said before. They must be wrong as they changed what they said before. Religions come about by ones not liking something about their church and go to one who has watered down what the bible says. We have changed by applying the bible better, by using a clearer understanding which when looked st is always reasonable not some outlandish change in doctrine By the way. There is a difference between doctrine and when someone said something they thought weather it was in print or speech.

That is much like in a court. There are laws but as ideas become clearer and these same laws allow for a different interpretation of that same law. A clearer understanding of how a law should be applied.

I know none of this will change your mind one bit and that is completely up to you and your god.

I will be blocking your responses from now on, not because I don’t like to hear your lies as they are cut and pasted all over the internet, all one has to do is Google your guys names to see the same thing posted on every news story that was ever produced in our common time that has the name Jehovah applied to the story. Whenever you see the name Jehovah in a news story you will see a comment from Ceders and Vinny and the boys each confirming each other. It’s kinda sad to see you guys wasting so much of your life doing that but I don’t have as much time as you do. I would rather spending my time talking to people who want to hear what I have to say and that is why the elders say not to talk to you guys. Not a law but a benefit. It’s a waste of valuable time and why bother trying to talk to someone who doesn’t care. One who brings down rather then brings up

It’s not about controlling, its about what is best, you know, like a parent who knows better then you because they have been that, done that.
            Because a parent tries to guide their children I guess you would put them all down and say they are just controlling and you should not communicate with them. You should shun them as they are just trying to hurt and control you. I tell you the truth, if that’s the case I feel bad for your parents.
            The elders are like parents. They try and help and guide you. They are nothing like you guys make then out to be. No. No one is perfect and everyone has their own agenda, some for good and some for bad. Yes. There have been some bad JWs just like bad little anyone’s. The bible tells us. There will be wolves in sheep’s clothing coming in to the congregations. Yes. Some do bad things but we are not here to worship people. We are here to worship Jehovah. He is not the one doing wrong and should not be punished by us if we see another witness doing something wrong. We don’t leave his congregations because a human does wrong. We know Jehovah can take care if himself and he will when the time is right and we keep doing all we can to do what is right.

No. You are wrong again. I am not young but in my 50s. I was born into JWs in the 60s and have lived all you try and lie about. I saw it for myself and so my opinion is one of knowledge.

I know you will have a reply for me but as saddened by it as I will be, I won’t be able to read it as I will be blocking you. I don’t need your reply and my being doesn’t await your confirmation or denunciations I will sleep just fine knowing your posts are nothing but the ramblings of, Someone who had to go against bible principals and didn’t care to change their actions and was removed to protect others. Much like your parents who didn’t let you play with little Jimmy because he was a bad influence on you and not only him were you not allowed to play with but all those who associated with him as well. This is a bible principal but I know you already know that but you just ignore that part and try and make things worse then they are. If you don’t want to follow bible principals why would you want to be there so bad anyways, or someone you know has become a JW and you just can’t get over it.

Anyways. I have wasted too much time and won’t waste anymore for my sake and yours

Hope you change your mind one day but ultimately that is up to you. Everyone has free will and that is the way God wants it.

Enjoy your life ad I enjoy mine.

James

• James Taggart

March 23, 2017 at 1:42 am

Sorry. Forgot to include my scripture for the say. It really does apply. When you look at all the other things that change and no-one cares, as I bet you never criticise say the United Church for their changes of docterin along with so many others one must ask themselves why you do it. Why do you guys work so hard against JWs and no-one else? Well let’s read,

John 15:18-20

18 If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you. 20 Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have observed my word, they will also observe yours

James

• Alfred Marquez

March 23, 2017 at 9:08 am

Wait. You don’t actually believe I have the time or desire to read all this, do you?

• James Taggart