April 27, 2016
Follow @DEagleOnline
  • Facebook
  • Google Plus
  • LinkedIn
  • RSS Feed
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

The Eagle Online – The Nigerian Online NewspaperLogo

Menu

Skip to content
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Columns
  • Business
  • Life & Style
    • Crime
    • R&D Health
    • Diet and Fitness
    • Intimacy
  • Entertainment
    • Photos
    • Fashion
    • Movies
    • Music
  • Advert Rates
  • Saraki insists Umar lacks moral justification to prosecute him
  • Group kicks against calls for Saraki’s resignation, says persecution is not prosecution
  • Court adjourns Metuh's trial on health grounds
  • Judge withdraws from Abba Moro’s trial
  • NFF crisis: Giwa faction meets in Abuja, plans to storm Glass House
  • Court dismisses Nnamdi Kanu’s application to stay proceedings
  • Minister condoles with NAN over death of ex-Managing Director
  • Air passengers arrested after throwing food, slapping crew

Benin Republic invades 16 Nigerian villages, hoists flag

Posted by Segun Adebowale on November 20, 2015 in Featured, News | Leave a response

Vanguard checks revealed that the development negated the boundary delimitation of 1914 between Britain and France, which the two countries had respected


Map of Kwara State
Neighbouring Benin Republic has invaded 16 villages in Okuta, the border town in Baruten Local Government Area of Kwara State, causing fear and tension in the affected communities.
In their determination to annex the Nigerian villages, Vanguard reliably gathered that authorities of Benin Republic had gone ahead to construct offices for its gendarmerie (Police station) in the affected communities and also hoisted the country’s flag.
Vanguard checks revealed that the development negated the boundary delimitation of 1914 between Britain and France, which the two countries had respected.
The affected villages include Ogomne, Bwin, Gandasunon, Kpuru and Woru Wuren Kparu.
Others are Ajuba 1, Ajuba 2, Saka Yeruman Kparu, Monta, Dotin Kparu, Halidun Kparu, Yakubun Kparu, Sonsi, Gunosani, Alhaji Kparu, Yodo Mankparu and Simen Kparu.
The Emir of Okuta, Alhaji Idris Serio Abubakar, who confirmed the development in an interview with journalists, said the development also led the Okuta Emirate Council to order the people of Yakparu axis to dismantle the Beninoise flag hoisted in the villages, adding that the flag was currently in the custody of the emirate council in the town.
The monarch appealed to Kwara State and Federal Governments to come to the aid of the people of Okuta villages as residents now lived in fear of possible attack.
Abubakar said Nigerian teachers, dispensary workers and Immigration officials in Ogomue had been sent packing from the Nigerian villages by Benin Republic officials.
He also called on President Muhammadu Buhari to rise to the situation before the Benin Republic authorities invade all Nigerian communities in Baruten Local Government Area of the state.
The emir recalled that during the government of President Ibrahim Babangida, the gendarmes attempted their encroachment move, claimed ownership of Ogomue, a village under Boriya of Okuta District in Baruten Local Government Area of the state.
He noted that the move led the then Military Governor of Kwara State, Lieutenant Colonel Ahmed Abdullahi, and the then Commander of 22 Armoured Brigade, Ilorin, Colonel O. Ojokojo, to visit the area.
Abubakar also said a visit during the period under review prompted the hoisting of the Nigerian flag at Ogomue, with the subsequent construction of a primary school, a dispensary and Immigration post by the Nigerian authorities to give the villagers a sense of belonging.
He noted that since then, the Gendarmes had fled the area until recently when they sent Nigerian Government workers in the area packing before establishing their presence through the illegal removal of the Nigerian flag and hoisting of the Benin flag there as well as as construction of Gendarmes office.
When Vanguard sought the reaction of the Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media, Femi Adesina, on the development, he directed us to the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who in turn directed us to contact the Kwara State Government or the Kwara State Police Command on the issue.
In his reaction, the Kwara State Police Public Relations Officer, Ajayi Okasanmi, said: “The State Police Command has not been officially informed of the invasion by the Benin Republic. But now that we have been informed, the Command will act immediately and contact the nearest police station to the communities to get feedback. We will then decide what to do next.”
Vanguard.


Advert
How I Increased my Manhood Size & Stopped Premature Ejaculation That Scattered My Relationship.. Click HERE For Details.

Copyright The Eagle Online.
Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.theeagleonline.com.ng as the source.

Follow @DEagleOnline



Posted in Featured, News | Tagged benin republic

Related Posts

Benin Republic soldiersBenin Republic to deploy 150 military troops to fight Boko Haram→

Biafra protests in LagosBiafra: Hijacked merchant ship in coast of Benin Republic→

downloadBenin Republic pledges 800 soldiers to fight Boko Haram→

Map of Kwara StateKwara denies invasion of state by Benin Republic→

+234 809 400 0057
5C3AAEE4
  • Latest
  • Popular
  • Chats
  • Bukola Saraki

    Saraki insists Umar lacks moral justification to prosecute him

    April 27, 2016 / Segun Adebowale
  • Bukola Saraki 2

    Group kicks against calls for Saraki’s resignation, says persecution is not prosecution

    April 27, 2016 / Segun Adebowale
  • Olisa Metuh in court

    Court adjourns Metuh’s trial on health grounds

    April 27, 2016 / NAN
  • Abba Moro

    Judge withdraws from Abba Moro’s trial

    April 27, 2016 / NAN
  • Chris Giwa 3

    NFF crisis: Giwa faction meets in Abuja, plans to storm Glass House

    April 27, 2016 / Segun Adebowale
  • Nnamdi Kanu

    Court dismisses Nnamdi Kanu’s application to stay proceedings

    April 27, 2016 / NAN
  • NAN, News Agency of Nigeria

    Minister condoles with NAN over death of ex-Managing Director

    April 27, 2016 / NAN
  • Aeroplane

    Air passengers arrested after throwing food, slapping crew

    April 27, 2016 / NAN
  • NCC

    GSM subscribers dip in December 2015 – NBS

    April 27, 2016 / NAN
  • Senator Ali Ndume

    Protesters can’t force Saraki out of office – Ndume

    April 27, 2016 / Martins Bruce
  • Umaru Manko

    Secondary school boys rape girl, video it in Lagos

    55793 views / Posted May 25, 2013
  • Banana

    Five fruits that increase libido, sex drive and treat impotence naturally

    32273 views / Posted February 6, 2012
  • Stethoscope

    How to know if you have a loose vagina, + remedies

    26586 views / Posted May 18, 2015
  • Nigerian Air Froce personnel

    Nigerian Air Force opens application for recruitment

    19578 views / Posted January 19, 2016
  • Damilola Olaniyan

    Damoche: Eiye confraternity on rampage in LASU

    14753 views / Posted March 1, 2013
  • JAMB

    We’ve not cancelled entire 2016 examination results – JAMB

    12164 views / Posted March 22, 2016
  • Muhammadu Buhari

    DSS, other security agencies screen 45 for Buhari’s cabinet, + list

    11777 views / Posted May 16, 2015
  • Governor Ayo Fayose

    Elections: I have evidence Mu’azu sold PDP to APC – Fayose

    10308 views / Posted May 5, 2015
  • Niger-State-Governor-Muazu-Babangida-Aliyu

    We lied, there was nothing like SURE-P fund – Gov. Aliyu

    9824 views / Posted May 26, 2015
  • Godwin Emefiele

    Foreign reserve has risen by $2.89b in one month under Buhari – Emefiele

    9557 views / Posted July 8, 2015
  • AIR MARSHAL SULEIMAN on Nigerian Air Force opens application for recruitmentHELLO MY FELLOW NIGERIANS,ARE YOU…
  • Sadique Abubakar on Nigerian Air Force opens application for recruitmentNIGERIA AIR FORCE RECRUITMENT, CONGRATULATIONS…
  • ayomide on Nigerian Defence Academy application form now outNIGERIA DEFENCE ACADEMY (N.D.A)68TH REGULAR…
  • Terry on OccupyNASS: A sponsored political smokescreen for anti-Saraki…Blind so called CSO( Civil…
  • ibrahim on Many killed by herdsmen in EnuguNigerians should not be hoodwinked.…
  • DObservation on Why Osun is best investment destination for…Ogbeni for Osun. Osun for…
  • bello on Women appointment should be on merit -…DO YOU FAIL TO BE…
  • Free Mind on Buhari must reach out to South South…Buhari should reach out to…
  • DObservation on There is no case of diversion of…The truth always prevails. How…
  • bigbang on Jonathan showed no political will to end…This is some dangerous words,…

Top Posts & Pages

  • £2m watches seized from Diezani, Omokore’s wife as arms scandal increases to $15b
    £2m watches seized from Diezani, Omokore’s wife as arms scandal increases to $15b
  • Breaking News: Protesters besiege‎ National Assembly, ask Saraki to resign
    Breaking News: Protesters besiege‎ National Assembly, ask Saraki to resign
  • Five fruits that increase libido, sex drive and treat impotence naturally
    Five fruits that increase libido, sex drive and treat impotence naturally
  • Nigerian Air Force opens application for recruitment
    Nigerian Air Force opens application for recruitment
  • EFCC seizes N2.6b MRI machine from ex-Chief of Air Staff private company
    EFCC seizes N2.6b MRI machine from ex-Chief of Air Staff private company
  • Boko Haram adopts new uniform, dressing style + photos
    Boko Haram adopts new uniform, dressing style + photos
  • I'm ill but not dead, bedridden - Babangida
    I'm ill but not dead, bedridden - Babangida
  • Budget: Presidency and National Assembly resolve differences - Saraki
    Budget: Presidency and National Assembly resolve differences - Saraki
  • Our colleagues would have survived if… Survivor of Ekiti doctors’ accident
    Our colleagues would have survived if… Survivor of Ekiti doctors’ accident
  • Many killed by herdsmen in Enugu
    Many killed by herdsmen in Enugu

Latest

  • Saraki insists Umar lacks moral justification to prosecute him
  • Group kicks against calls for Saraki’s resignation, says persecution is not prosecution
  • Court adjourns Metuh’s trial on health grounds
  • Judge withdraws from Abba Moro’s trial
  • NFF crisis: Giwa faction meets in Abuja, plans to storm Glass House
  • Court dismisses Nnamdi Kanu’s application to stay proceedings
  • Minister condoles with NAN over death of ex-Managing Director
  • Air passengers arrested after throwing food, slapping crew
  • GSM subscribers dip in December 2015 – NBS
  • Protesters can’t force Saraki out of office – Ndume
  • FG to give priority attention to Ilorin-Jebba Road – Fashola
  • Nigeria spends N132b on fighting malaria annually – US
  • GOtv Boxing Night 7: Organisers vow adequate security, free football viewing on giant TV screens
  • Over 19,000 children die of malaria annually‎ in Niger State
  • MMA 2 concession breach: Lagos court fixes date for Bi-Courtney’s suit
  • Kenya Airways’ pilots begin strike on Thursday
  • Synagogue: Again Lagos court remands engineers in prison
  • 796,152 applicants to slug it out for 10,000 police jobs
  • Nigeria has 71% Malaria prevalence, says FCT Health Secretariat
  • Telecom sector contributes N1.6b to GDP in 4th quarter – NBS
Nigerian Naira Exchange Rate

Pages

  • About Us
  • Advert Rates
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy policy
  • Submit an Article

Contact Information

The Eagle Online is published by Premium Eagle Media Limited.

71, College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos,
Email: info@theeagleonline.com.ng, dotunoladipo@theeagleonline.com.ng
Phone: 08055206136, 08023145962, 08094000057,
BB PIN: 5C3AAEE4
  • Facebook
  • Google Plus
  • LinkedIn
  • RSS Feed
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
 

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

 
Tweets by @DEagleOnline
 
 

©2015 The Eagle Online - The Nigerian Online Newspaper

Menu

  • Home
  • Privacy policy
  • Ad Rates
  • Submit News
  • Contact Us